MEMBERSHIP TYPES & INFORMATION
Check back for 2023 membership information.
Registration Dates: TBD
Eligibility: All 2022 Wake Forest University & Wake Forest University Health Sciences returning pool members are invited to register for 2023. A Wake Forest University employee email is required for registration.
Registration Dates: TBD
Eligibility: After the priority membership registration period ends, if space allows, Wake Forest University & WFU Health Sciences employees are invited to register for 2023. A Wake Forest University employee email is required for registration.
Registration Dates: TBD
Eligibility: After the employee membership registration period ends, if space allows, the general public is invited to register for a 2023 membership.
Pool & Tennis Court Information
Graylyn is the perfect summer retreat. Whether you choose to relax by the pool or join your friends for a game of tennis you can enjoy the view of the exquisite grounds surrounding The Graylyn Estate.
Closed for Season
Pool Manager: Carstyn Klosterman
Poolside Phone: (336) 727.9378 (only active during pool season)
Address: 1900 Reynolda Road
Winston-Salem, NC 27106
Stay Connected This Summer: Members will be notified of weather & pool rental-related pool closings via google group email.
Pool Closed for Season
Closed for Season
Check back for 2023 hours of operation.
Graylyn Pool offers multiple lifeguard opportunities during the summer months. We are seeking motivated individuals to provide great customer service for our members and Graylyn overnight guests.
Check back for open positions in 2023
Tennis Court Information
Tennis court time does not require a reservation and is on a first come first serve basis. Please enjoy your game and be mindful of others waiting to play. If other members are waiting to utilize the tennis court, we ask that you are courteous and limit play to 1 hour. Appropriate tennis attire is required and appreciated, including shirt & shoes. Members are responsible for providing their own tennis rackets & balls. Children under 12 must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
Special Events & Pool Rental
The Graylyn Pool has limited availability for current members’ private functions. If the pool is reserved for a private function it will be closed and members will be notified via email of the closing.
- Special Event reservations are available on weekdays only.
- Rental Fee: $1,000 (up to 4 hours) plus the cost of lifeguards
- Lifeguard Fees: Two (2) lifeguards must be on staff during the duration of the event. The fee is $25 per hour per lifeguard regardless of swimming activity.
Please note: Hours are calculated from the time the pool is reserved (including set-up time) until 30 minutes after the last guest departs
If you are interested in reserving the pool for a private function, please contact Graylyn Special Events at 336.758.2429.
Policies, Rules & Regulations
Members may bring up to two (2) guests to the pool or tennis court at each visit. Adult children are welcome at the pool or tennis court when accompanied by a member as a guest. Guests fees are $10/per guest. No guest will be admitted into the pool area without the presence of a member.
Graylyn Pool & Tennis Club Rules & Regulations
The rules and regulations of Graylyn Pool & Tennis Club are designed to assure the safe and sanitary operation of the pool and for the protection and benefit of all users of the pool and tennis court facilities. The responsibility of parents and/or adult members who accompany children to the pool continues while children are in or near the pool. All family members and guests shall observe all rules and obey the instructions of the lifeguards.
- Membership check-in is required at each pool or tennis court visit.
- Parking is available on the side and behind the Management House only. Violators will be ticketed and towed.
- Members may bring up to two (2) guests to the pool or tennis court at each visit. Adult children are welcome at the pool when accompanied by a member as a guest. Guests fees are $10/per guest. No guest will be admitted into the pool area without the presence of a member.
- All members will conduct themselves in an appropriate manner. Running, wrestling, dunking, horseplay, and dangerous use of the diving board are prohibited.
- Children under 12 must be accompanied by a responsible adult at the pool and tennis court.
- Swim diapers are required for children in diapers. Diaper changing is to be done on the changing table in the Women’s dressing room or on personal blankets, not on the pool deck or picnic tables.
- To swim in deep water, any swimmer of questionable ability must pass a test administered by the Lifeguard. A swimmer who cannot pass this test is allowed in the deepwater only if accompanied in the water by a parent/guardian and is not allowed to use the diving board.
- Floats and inflated devices are permitted at the discretion of the Lifeguards
- There will be a 10-minute break every hour. No one will be allowed in the pool during this time.
- Thunder/Lightning Policy: When thunder is heard, or lightning is seen, the pool must be completely evacuated for a period of 30 minutes. Members may be asked to leave the pool area for their safety.
- Food and drinks are allowed only in designated picnic and grassy areas. No gum is allowed inside the pool gates. Members are responsible for their own clean-up. No grills or open flames are allowed within the pool gates at any time.
- Glass containers, including baby bottles, are not permitted in the pool area.
- Parents and/or guardians are also responsible for their children outside of the fenced-in pool area.
- No smoking around or inside the fenced pool area.
- Graylyn Pool Association and Tennis Club accepts no responsibility for lost or damaged personal effects.
- In all matters of conduct and safety, the decision of the lifeguard is final.
- Tennis court time cannot be reserved. Limit play to 1 hour when other players are waiting for the court. Rackets and balls are supplied by the member.
- Appropriate tennis attire is required on the tennis court, including a shirt and shoes.
Repeated failure to comply with these rules shall be considered cause for suspension or revocation of membership and forfeiture of fees upon recommendation of the pool manager and the approval of the pool advisors.
Get In Touch
Do you have a question, comment, or concern regarding the Graylyn Pool & Tennis Club? We understand that the pool is an important part of your summer and we appreciate your feedback.
Should you need more immediate assistance please contact Hospitality & Auxiliary Services directly at email@example.com